Monday, June 28, 2010

Taking some precautions

I was reading a fellow bloggers entry today and she linked to this entry from another blogger. It gave me pause and really made me start thinking. I try to be very selective about what I write in my blog, but I freely share pictures of my girls. I'm so proud of them and I love sharing pictures & videos of them. Alas, I feel I'm being a little naive. When I put things out there on the web, there's the potential for millions of people to see it. I always try and see the good in people and in this case, that might not be such a good thing.
There is also a more personal reason for my decision, but I won't get into all of that.

SO... as of now, I won't be posting anymore pictures of my girls faces to this blog. I might share an occasional side/back view, but that will be about it. I'll leave all of the others to Facebook where I can control who sees them. Feel free to add me on Facebook if you like.
I'm still up in the air about whether I'll be using their real names or not. It gets confusing to use initials, abbreviations, and acronyms, and since my girls all have the same initials, I'd have to use numbers. HA! I've thought of using their birthstones, zodiac signs, middle names, etc. I still think that could be confusing. Even though Ruby, Aqua(marine), & Opal would be cute. ;) I'm going to think on that and see what I can come up with.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, what is wrong with people? This is so scary :(
    You can also add a watermark to your photos. I read this blog:
    http://bizzum.blogspot.com/ (you can see that every photo has a watermark). I think I will have to do something similar. :( Some people are disgusting pigs with NO life :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is scary. It amazes me that people have nothing better to do with their time.
    Thanks for the tip on watermarking. That could definitely be an option.

    ReplyDelete