Thursday, July 8, 2010

My baby is 21 months old

I can't believe that in 3 months, my baby will be 2!

It is unreal how much she's doing now. She is a real smarty!

Growth & milestones:
* 12-18 month clothing, some 18-24 stuff
* Size 4 diapers
* 16 teeth and I think she's working on some molars

Eating:
* Still eating great. She loves fruit & veggies, especially watermelon, cantaloupe, green beans & peas
* She's still nursing some. I'm trying to limit it to a "just before bed" thing. If I'd let her, I think she'd nurse more than that.

Sleep:
* Cat naps throughout the day
* Sleeps through the night
* She's still in her crib and I think she will be for awhile longer. When we do move out of the crib, I plan on trying her in a trundle bed in her sister's room.

Miscellaneous:
* She is saying so much these days; some of my favorites - "I sassy", "hungy" (hungry), "zank you", "luz you" (love you), "ook" (look), "mon" (come on) ...
* She knows every family members name and can say it clearly.
* She loves to play with baby dolls and has a new found love of purses & bags.
* She wants to wear her shoes 24/7. She loves shoes and will bring you yours to put on if you're barefoot.
* She can climb up on the toilet and turn on the water faucet. She can also turn on the bathtub. Luckily, she can only reach the cold faucets on both. She's a water baby.
* She loves to sing and dance. If she hears music, she starts dancing. There's a song that the girls learned at bible school and they've been singing it ever since; she knows the tune and sings her version of it.
* She is super affectionate and is constantly hugging her sisters. She loves them so much. She wants to be wherever they are.
* Her hair has gotten so long. When it's wet, it's to the middle of her back. When it's dry, & super curly, it's at her shoulders.
* She's my informant when her sisters are doing something they're not supposed to - "Mama OOK!"
* Her new trick is to stomp her foot when she's frustrated
* She loves to throw things away and help me do stuff, like empty the dishwasher

She's going to be at least as sassy as her sisters, if not more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment