Monday, July 12, 2010

6 years ago

At this time, six years ago, I was 9 months pregnant. I'd had my weekly OB visit that day and found out that my doctor was going to induce me in 2 days. I remember being so nervous and yet so excited. I couldn't wait to see what she looked like. Nothing could ever prepare me for the way I felt that day.

Here I sit, almost 6 years later, and she is still amazing me. She's a pretty good mix of myself and her daddy. She has his wicked sense of humor, hazel eyes, and long legs. She's shy, loves to sing, and is creative like me. She loves to read and she adores animals like both of us.

I have been busy planning her party and her actual birth day fun. I have their outfits for the party done and my mom, sister, and I did some shopping Saturday night. I had originally wanted to have her party this coming weekend, but we didn't get it booked in time. So, we'll be having it the following weekend. That will give me a little more time to get things done.
For her birthday, we planned out her menu for the entire day. She wants pancakes with toppings for breakfast, grilled cheese/tater tots/applesauce for lunch, and she wants to go to the "chips & cheese" place for dinner (a Mexican restaurant). I'm also going to try my hand at an ice cream cake for her this year. I'm making her a birthday t-shirt to wear and I think we'll also try going to the movie this weekend; she's been dying to see T0y st0ry 3.

I can't believe I have an almost 6 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment