Friday, December 9, 2011

For real?

I still don't think that this pregnancy has sunk in. It still seems very surreal to me.

My symptoms are changing a little. I'm still battling with some nausea, especially if I wait too long to eat. And there are some smells that just make my stomach churn and I'm unable to eat at all. I find I do best if I eat small, frequent meals.

I know it's still early, but I think I'm starting to feel slight movement. I usually feel it if I'm wearing jeans or sitting forward where my stomach is compressed. I'm really looking forward to the girls being able to feel the baby move.

The tiredness is still lingering. It hits the hardest around late afternoon. Between 3-5pm, it's almost impossible for me to stay awake if I'm sitting still.

I'm still feeling like this is a boy. I will hopefully find out for sure around mid-January. Please cooperate baby! I am not good at waiting and I'm already dying to start buying/making stuff.
I actually don't have a lot that I need to buy equipment-wise. My sister has a friend who gave her 3 infant car seats, so I can save that money for new boosters for Ella & Evie. I'm going to buy a pack & play and I'd like a new boppy, but that's about it except for diapers and clothing. I think I'm going to try gdiapers once we get out of the newborn stage. I can even make my own inserts instead of having to buy them. My "to make" list is much bigger.
If this is a boy, I really want to go with a sock monkey theme. I won't be decorating a nursery, but everything else will probably follow along those lines. I haven't really decided on a theme for a girl.
We also have a name picked out for a boy, but still a little unsure about a girl name. I have some ideas, but we haven't set anything in stone.

Now, looking at that, Murphy's Law will dictate that we're having a girl. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment