Thursday, December 1, 2011

My first appointment - 12/1/11

I was able to get an appointment much quicker than I'd anticipated. I believe I called on Monday and had an appointment for that Thursday.
You would think, since I've already done this 3 times, it would be a breeze. But I think this was the most nerve wracking 1st appointment ever.

I absolutely adore Dr. H and his staff. My favorite nurse was almost in tears, she was laughing so hard. She jinxed me when I went with my sister to her 1st u/s.
I was 12w5d and my due date was estimated for June 10, 2012. Since I was so far along, Sandi tried to find the heartbeat. Stinker #4 decided s/he wasn't going to cooperate, so I was moved to the u/s room. While I waited for Dr. H, my stomach was in knots. I prayed for calm & peace with whatever I was about to find out. It seemed like an eternity before he came in.
Dr. H wanted to do the u/s first before doing my exam. He put the wand on my stomach and I was able to immediately see the baby. He didn't have a great view of the heart, but could see a vague blipping. The baby was moving like crazy! I don't think my girls have ever been that active during an u/s before.

So, everything seems to be progressing. I go back on the 19th, where he'll do another u/s to measure the baby. Since the girls will be out of school for Christmas break, I'm going to take them with me. They are so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment