

I sometimes think that u/s tech's are trained to make you sweat. I think this was probably the most nerve-wracking u/s I've ever had. He kept asking me questions about how far along I was "supposed" to be and leaving the room. Finally, while he was doing measurements, he told me that he was having a hard time because the baby was so wiggly. Whew! I was then able to relax and breathe.
The baby's heart rate was 157. Compared to the girls, this baby's is higher. Ella had a few times when hers was in the 160's and even once in the 180's. So that was no help with gender guesses.
The tech didn't even offer to check the sex of the baby and with the way s/he was positioned, I probably wouldn't have been able to find out anyway. Baby had its legs bent and tucked up under it's bottom, successfully covering any hopes of a money shot. I'll have one more u/s at the imaging center and if they can't find out there, Dr. H will do one more. Hopefully baby will be cooperative!
The tech told me that, according to measurements, the baby is probably more like 13'ish weeks and that I'm most likely due mid-June. My husband will be happy because it will push the baby's due date closer to HIS birthday on the 15th.
No comments:
Post a Comment