Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

This year seemed so different from Christmas' past. We had some firsts this year, and I think several lasts. Both are bittersweet!

This was the first year that most of the toys didn't require assembling. I think my dad had to put one of Emory's gifts together and that was it. That's definitely a nice first. :)
It was also the first year that, instead of running around in dress up clothes with a baby doll on her hip, my Ella sat quietly on the floor decorating her new jewelry box. I almost burst into tears at how grown up she seemed this year. Time is getting away from me.
This is the first year that Emory has really gotten the whole Santa thing. It was so sweet watching her slowly open her presents and examine each one, while her sisters were tearing through theirs.

As for the lasts, this will be our last year as a family of 5. Next Christmas, we'll have a 6 month old in the mix. WOW! Another stocking to hang, new ornaments to add to our tree, another sweet face to wake up on Christmas morning.
I think this could quite possibly be the last year that Ella believes in Santa. She'll be 8 next year and in the 3rd grade. Hopefully I'm wrong! With her being the oldest, I don't know how well she'll be able to keep that secret to herself. I still remember my older sister telling me and my younger sister that there was no Santa.
This will probably be Ella's last Christmas of baby dolls. I forsee next year being electronics & jewelry.

We had a really nice Christmas. We didn't go overboard on the presents this year and I think they got just enough. They were super excited with everything they got. Ella and Evie had asked for a Wii and I thought there would be tears when they didn't get one from Santa. It was priceless seeing their faces when they opened their gift from Nana & Pops and saw their Wii. I think it has definitely been the top gift for them. Emory's top gift would probably be a tie between her pink vacuum and her shopping cart. It's really all I've seen her play with.

I got absolutely NO pictures this year. :( I know I'm going to regret that for YEARS to come. I have been researching cameras and will be spending my Christmas money on a new point and shoot. I really want a DSLR, but there aren't any in my $200-$300 price range. I want to have something before this baby is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment