Monday, February 18, 2013

Eliza - 8 months



* I think that Eliza is going to be just like Emory. She's going to skip baby food and go straight to finger foods. She doesn't like the consistency of pureed baby food and prefers to feed herself. So far, she's had cheerios, pasta, diced pears, and fruit puffs.
* Tooth #5 and #6 have popped through!
* She has perfected pulling up and is starting to cruise the furniture.
* She is finally saying "Mama"!!!! And she says it all the time. I'll hear her on the baby monitor calling me when she wakes up. SO sweet! She has also started saying "nu nu" when she wants to nurse. I always do the sign for "milk" and say nurse before she nurses. I also hear that a lot! HA!
* I had to take her to the doctor last Thursday (3/7/13). She was super congested and had been running a fever for 3-4 days. My big girl weighed 18lbs, 3.5oz! The doctor checked her over and couldn't find anything visibly wrong; her ears were clear, throat was fine, flu test came back negative. She decided to put her on azithromycin to try and knock out our any potential bacterial causes.
Friday afternoon, her fever started running higher at almost 104. Tylenol would knock it down for awhile, but by that evening it was up to 104.9. I took her to the ER but they didn't seem overly concerned about the number. They tested her for the flu (again) and it was negative. The doctor thought that the antibiotic her ped. had prescribed was good enough. They did suction her out really well before we left and that helped for awhile.
Finally, by Sunday she was fever free. She was still congested but in much better spirits!

1 comment: