Ella

The biggest news for Ella is that she had to get glasses! After failing two eye exams at school, she decided to mention that she was having trouble seeing & having headaches. So, we went to the eye doctor at the end of January. She is near sighted and has an astigmatism, just like Mama! She picked her glasses out all by herself! Of course, they're pink and I love how they look on her. Much better than the choices I had at her age. :)
I think she's having a pretty good year at school. She's still struggling some with math so we've decided to have her tested to make sure she doesn't have any learning disabilities. If nothing else, the testing has already helped since it made us aware of her need for glasses.
She has made some different friends this year and has already had a play date with her "new" bestie. She has started talking to friends on the phone and she had her very first sleepover this year. I think this is probably going to be one of those "BIG" years.
I think the biggest difference with 3rd grade is that I can see the "mean girls" and cattiness starting to emerge. Ella has had a few days where she's mentioned that a girl has been mean to her. I have been dreading these moments since the day I found out she was a girl. I don't know if my heart can handle it.
She seems to be growing up on me overnight. Yesterday, she decided that she wanted to learn how to do laundry. So I showed her where the fill line was on the cup, the settings on the machine, and let her at it. She proceeded to wash everything in their hamper. Now if she'd just learn to fold and put it all away, we'd be good. HA!
She is awesome with Eliza! She'll entertain her so that I can fix dinner or finish up with something. Eliza adores her and will almost always reach for her. She carts that baby around on her hip for hours. I hope they're always so close!
Evie

My sweet Evie! Next month, she turns 7. How is that even possible?!? She is absolutely thriving in 1st grade. Her teacher is so impressed with how much she has grown this year. At the beginning of the year, she was reading at a Kindergarten level; at my conference with her teacher, about a month ago, she was reading at a 2nd grade level. Her "goal" for 1st grade is to be able to read 40'ish words per minute; she's reading upwards of 90+ per minute. She has shown the same growth with her math.
I think she is really enjoying school. She gets along with all of the kids in her class and everyone is her friend. I love that about her!
Her school play is this week and she is excited. She loves to sing and has the sweetest singing voice. And she has a real knack with words; I think she can recite the entire play, speaking parts & songs, verbatim.
She lost tooth #5 a few weeks ago. She was eating an apple at lunch and swallowed her tooth. So she had to leave another note for the tooth fairy.
She is at a pretty easy going age right now. Unless she's tired or hungry, she's all smiles and in a good mood. Now, let her blood sugar get low or push her bedtime back too far, and you have a hysterical, inconsolable girl on your hands.
She does really well with Eliza, but she doesn't want to hold her for long. She prefers to talk, sing, and read to her. I think she's a little nervous with her.
Emory

And my current spitfire! This girl is SO strong willed and SO loud. I don't think she could whisper if her life depended on it. She also has a tendency to back talk, which I'm really trying to get under control. She definitely tries my patience the most.
On the other hand, she can be super affectionate and is constantly wanting to sit in my lap or Nana's (my mom). I also have to carry her into school just about every day. She is also super independent. And I love when she's talking to Ella & Evie. She doesn't call them by name, they're "Sisters".
I'm at a cross roads about what to do with school for her next year. Her current preschool has a 4 year old program and both of my oldest 2 went through it. It's Monday-Friday from 9am-1pm. I LOVE our preschool! However, the girls school offers a preschool program now that she could attend. It's from 7:30-2:00 and she'd go to school with her sisters. The only "positives" I can find for sending her to public preschool are that it's free and it would be helpful if I had to go back to work. I'm leaning towards keeping her at her current school though.
She really enjoys school and playing with all of her friends. She's 1 of 2 girls in a class full of boys. With all of her boy cousins, she's pretty used to that. And she comes home with some of the cutest art projects.
Emory is the one that I really have to watch with Eliza. She is really good with her, but can be a little overzealous and unintentionally hurts her. And she also likes to try and pick her up and walk around with her. Heart attack!!!! Luckily, I found a crib on clearance so I don't have to worry about her getting her out of her bed anymore. She was too accessible in the bassinet.
Everyone's doing pretty well! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment