Monday, July 1, 2013
Eliza - 12 months
My big girl is ONE! It still doesn't seem possible that she's been here a whole year.
* About a week after her birthday, she really started trying to walk. She can now stand up in the middle of the room without having to pull up on something and she can walk while carrying things. She has the cutest little side step that she does too. I think I can officially call her a walker!
* She is becoming quite opinionated and sassy. She'll point her little finger at you and say "Dop"; I think we say "stop" around here too often. HA! She'll also babble when she's irritated and it sounds like she's really telling you off.
* My mom can get her to do about anything! I've started calling her the Eliza whisperer. My mom taught her "so big" & "pat-a-cake" in one day. She won't even sign nurse for me anymore, but she will for my mom. She will mimic just about everything, or at least try to.
* She waves Hi and Bye, blows kisses, will sign 'eat', and we're working on 'please' and 'all done'.
* She has started eating a lot better. Breakfast is probably the easiest meal for me to plan for her. She loves oatmeal, so that's usually her breakfast staple. Lunch and dinner are a little harder. She does like fruit, veggies, & pasta; I'm having a hard time with the protein though.
* I found a cup on clearance at Target awhile ago. I thought it was cute & small and would be perfect for Elz. Since I didn't know whether she'd like it, I only bought one. Little did I know she would get to where that's the only cup she'd want to drink out of... and that I wouldn't be able to find the cups anywhere locally. Thank goodness for Amazon and Pops' prime account. We had 3 more cups in 2 days.
* Sleeping is going ok. She cat naps most days, but occasionally she'll take a long nap. She's been starting off the night in my bed, so that makes for several nursing sessions throughout the night. If she starts off the night in her crib, she usually only wakes up once to nurse. You'd think I'd be pushing for her to sleep in her crib. HA! But just like everything else, one day she'll be grown and I'll miss her babyhood.
* And speaking of nursing, she still is... A LOT! Her ped. was pretty surprised that she still nurses as much as she does.
* Elz is a peanut! At her 1 year well check, she weighed 19 pounds, 3 ounces. Her ped. was a little concerned that she's dropped off her growth curve since she's under 50% now. She said it could be because she's moving more now, but Em was the same way. I forsee her wanting us to try the toddler formula and/or Pediasure again.
She's 29 inches long, so still at 50% in length.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment