I have a to-do list about a mile long. This time of year, and usually around most major holidays, I'm in high demand. We have about a week left of Summer and then it's back to the daily grind of school & schedules. Then I have another week before preschool starts for my younger two. As if I'm not stressing enough, I've thrown applying for a job into the mix. At least we have all of the school supplies bought.
I have mixed emotions about school starting back. It's been a L-O-N-G summer! We've been stranded at home for most of it and it has caused a lot of fighting. My oldest two have not gotten along at all; as the summer has progressed, they've even starting fighting with the baby. I have also strayed from our schedule and Ella is boycotting all of my attempts at getting back to it. She is not looking forward to school - "It's too long", "It's too boring!"... It's going to be a long 12 years if this is how she already feels about school at six.
Evie has also shed some tears about school. She wants to go to Ella's school or she wants to be in Emory's class. I think Em will probably be the only one that doesn't cry on the first day of school. HA!
As for getting a job, I also have mixed emotions. I'm not thrilled about it; I'd always hoped I could get the girls in public school before I started working. However, I know it's time. I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to work and not have to also find childcare. I've applied for a 3rd shift weekend position and I'll work 2 - 12 hour shifts. The girls won't even know I'm gone. :)
These next few weeks are going to be insanely busy. I'm not sure I'm ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment