Starting Sunday afternoon, Ella started complaining of a sore throat and stomach ache, so I kept her home from school Monday (the 2nd week of school!). At 8am, I started calling the doctor's office and kept getting a busy signal. I was already flustered about that when I went out to put everything in the car and start it. My car was dead!
I started calling people and couldn't get in touch with anyone. My baby sister finally called me back and headed over. She stayed with my other two, while I took Evie to school in her car. Evie was 20 minutes late for her first day of school. :/
She had a royal meltdown when I tried to leave her. I stayed and sat with her during music, but told her I'd have to leave after that. She wouldn't go sit in the circle with the other kids, but I was able to leave without her running out the door.
Doesn't she looked thrilled to be going to school?

After getting back home, I was finally able to get in touch with the doctor. They worked us in at 11:15. I'm so lucky that my sister was able to chauffeur us around all morning.
Ella tested negative for strep. Dr. C figured it was either too early for the test to show positive or it could be a virus. She gave me a script and told me to fill it if her sore throat got worse & she spiked a fever or if she was still complaining of a sore throat by Thursday.
On Tuesday, my older sister was working at the preschool and took Evie to school. She said that she did great! She didn't cry and even got to help her teacher pick out the toys they would play with that day.
Wednesday was Emory's first day. My youngest nephew, is about 2 months younger than Emory and they are in the same preschool class.
Em walked in by herself and was checking everything out. I think she would have been fine, but she turned around just as I was closing the door, and started crying.
I took Evie to her class and she wouldn't go in her classroom. Her teacher had to come out and get her. :(
By the time I walked back by Emory's room, she was happily playing. YAY!

Emory & Brys
Em is wearing a dress that was my niece's dress when she was little (she's almost 11 now!). I made Bryson, Evie, & Jack outfits to coordinate with hers. :) Evie & Jack wouldn't cooperate for a picture though.

It was nice having 4 hours to myself. My sister and I went running around and had lunch together.
This morning, my sister was working again and took Evie. She said that she did just fine. I guess she just likes to give me a hard time. :/ I had debated about adding her to the class on Friday, but I just don't think it will be worth the hassle. I'm hoping that, like Ella, she will eventually grow out of this. It's almost like she's going through separation anxiety all over again.
All-in-all, I think it was a pretty good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment