Thursday, October 7, 2010

Happy birthday Emory!

She's here!
Emory's birth story

I can't believe my baby is two! I think that I'm in complete denial that she's now a toddler. When did that happen?!? Even though there are things that I love about this age, a part of me is so sad that I'll never go through that infant stage again.
What an amazing two years it has been! I can still remember the day she was born like it was yesterday - the sounds, the smells, the excitement. I couldn't wait to see what she looked like, to see with my own eyes that she was a girl, to nurse her & hold her.
I was so anxious about how her sisters would react to her. I shouldn't have worried, it was love at first sight.
My 3 girls


Growth & milestones:
* I've started buying 18-24 month stuff
* Size 4 diapers
* I'm not even sure how many teeth she has now; at last count it was 16

Eating:
* She's a great eater! I don't think there's anything she won't eat.
* She's still nursing at night before bed.

Sleep:
* Cat naps throughout the day
* Sleeps through the night
* She's still in her crib, but I'm thinking more & more about moving her to a "big girl" bed.

Miscellaneous:
* She talks ALL of the time! Thanks to her sisters & cousins, "shut up" has entered her vocabulary. I don't know how in the world to keep her from saying that one. It doesn't help that she knows exactly when to say it. :/
* She still loves to play with her dolls. Grandpa & Grandma got her a new one for her birthday.
Em's new doll

* She is still totally in love with shoes. She will go into a panic if she can't find them.
* She loves to sing and dance. If she hears music, she starts dancing.

Happy birthday my sweet girl! You have completed our family so perfectly.
My beautiful trio

1 comment:

  1. Time flies! I also can't believe she is 2!
    I hope she had a fun day!!!
    I absolutely love the last picture! WOW! You need to frame it!

    ReplyDelete