Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween

We had a pretty nice Halloween this year. Due to last minute costume making, it not getting dark until later, & it being a school night, we didn't get to do quite as much as we'd planned. But I think they got enough candy and they had a lot of fun Trick or Treating.

Ella was the Queen of Hearts.
Queen of hearts 2
She was pretty quiet & reserved this year. She loved her costume and enjoyed ToT with her cousins.

Evie was Alice
Alice 2
Evie had a little meltdown due to the authenticity of her costume. I put a long sleeve shirt under her dress since it was supposed to be chilly out. You would have thought I'd asked her walk over hot coals. "Alice doesn't wear a shirt under her dress!!!" Luckily, aunt Mimi was able to talk her into pushing up her sleeves where they couldn't be seen. That way if she got cold she could pull her sleeves down.
She was my speed Trick or Treater. She was the first one to the door. She'd knock, say "Trick or Treat" then "Thank you", and she was off to the next house.

Emory was Tweedle Dee
Tweedle dee 2
Em really got into Trick or Treating this year. She'd run up to the door with her bag held open, then she'd run back to the wagon and climb in. It got rather exhausting having to get her in and out of the wagon at each house.

After Trick or Treating, we went to my younger sister's house. It was late, so we weren't able to have our full-fledged party. We had a quick dinner and then headed home for bed.
Unfortunately, Ella is home from school today and I decided to keep Evie home too. Ella is still in bed, but Evie & Emory are up and getting into everything. After pulling several late nighters this weekend, I'm struggling to stay awake. Next year, I need to start making Halloween costumes in July. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment