Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thankful

I had a really great conversation yesterday with a friend and my sister. Talk about eye-opening! It has made me realize that I've been slipping into my holiday funk, yet again, this year. In actuality, I think I've been struggling to find something for a long time. My faith? Happiness/contentment? Peace? All of the above!
Talking with this friend made me realize that I'm not the only one with problems. She has struggles in her life, just like I do. Even though I always thought she had it all together and her life was perfect, it's not. My life could be so much worse.

I have so much to be thankful for: My parents have opened their house to us; we have a warm, safe place to live and food on the table. I get frustrated with our living situation at times, it's not always ideal, but it's our home.
I have 3 beautiful little girls. They're healthy, loving children. I would give my life for them!
I have friends & family that will always support me and help out any way they can. I've come to understand how rare that can be.

I do have some things that are weighing heavily on me right now. I would like to put these out there and ask for well wishes/prayers for some very dear people.

* My husband's grandmother had a stroke on Wednesday. As of the last update from his uncle, she's had "a hemorrahagic stroke, a less common type, but more frequently fatal".
* My husband's younger brother left today for a year long deployment. He has a wife and 2 children who will be spending Christmas, and the next year, without him.
* A dear friend who is dealing with a diagnosis & treatment for her daughter. The financial burden alone is huge.
* My aunt as she recovers from her surgery and starts chemo again after the holidays. She is doing SO well!

No comments:

Post a Comment