Tuesday, November 15, 2011

BIG surprise

I don't blog for 10 months, and this is what I come back with. HA!

pgtest_10242011a


I received the shock of a lifetime on October 22nd. I'm still not sure it has completely sunk in, and I've known for 3 weeks. I should be about 10 weeks, due in June.
And if we're friends on Facebook, please don't mention it yet! With the exception of a few close friends & my in-laws, we haven't told anyone else yet. I'm not ready for the UNexcitement from my family. We haven't even told the girls.
I probably shouldn't be blogging about it yet, but I've always documented my pregnancies and I want to continue that with #4.

This pregnancy has been SO different, especially symptom-wise. I have been pretty nauseous which is new territory for me. With the girls, I had none. And smells can trigger the nausea too. I'm also extremely tired ALL the time; I think that symptom is pretty universal, especially when you have older children.

I'm having very strong cravings & aversions. One week, I had my husband driving across town to get me Chicken parmesan, now the thought of it makes me queasy. The same with Little Debbie's snack cakes.
My biggest craving has probably been Chinese food, especially fried rice (luckily, no aversions yet). My drink of choice - Cherry limeades from Sonic.

I have been extremely hormonal and everything makes me cry these days. I'm usually a pretty sensitive person, but this is worse. It's also pretty embarrassing.
And I'll admit, I'm pretty short-fused and snarky lately too. And super forgetful!
I'm living in yoga pants these days. I can still wear my pants, but after a few hours in them, I feel like they're cutting me in half.
I've been having some weird heart palpitations this time around. It feels like my heart is skipping a beat or double beating and it tends to take my breath away.

Overall I'm pretty excited, but there's a little worry/anxiety mixed in with it. I always wanted 4 children. :)

3 comments:

  1. WOW, Cori! What a surprise!!! CONGRATULATIONS!
    Please keep us updated and start thinking about another EKC name (boy this time?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm kind of leaning towards this being a boy, just based on the difference in my symptoms. If it is, I won't be sticking with the EKC trend. He'll be named after my dad & hubby's dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? No EKC, if it's a boy? Why don't you want to be like the Duggars and their J names??? LOL
    I think it's sweet to name him after your (and your DH's) dad!
    Congratulations again! Have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete