My u/s was at 9:30. As I sat in the waiting room, I started to realize that I'd over-prepped. I had to use the bathroom SO bad!
It was closer to 10 when I was called back. The tech asked if my bladder was full and I replied, "Oh yeah!". She started the scan and told me that was bladder was super full; she said she was going to do the low lying scan first so that I could empty it (my new BFF!) She asked if I wanted to know the gender if she could find out; of course, I told her YES! She asked what the sex of my other children were and I told her I had 3 girls. She replied, "OH, the pressure's on!" Baby was in a complete ball.
This was the best tech I've ever had. She didn't sit there in complete silence clicking away. She turned the screen and showed me everything she was doing. After I'd gone to the bathroom, the baby had stretched out.
She was super thorough. Baby is measuring right along at my adjusted due date of June 24th. The heart rate was 147bpm and baby is measuring in at 7 oz. Baby looked perfect!
For the first time ever, I had a cooperative baby at the imaging center. I think this is the earliest I've ever been able to find out too. She said, "You should recognize that". Yep, we're having another sweet baby GIRL!
When asking everyone in my family, including my husband, what their guess was, they all said Boy! I also had a lot of friends thinking it was a boy. I'm feeling a lot of relief because I was having an awful time with boy names. The name we'd originally talked about just wasn't feeling like THE one. I feared a boy would remain nameless forever. HA!
Now, that's not to say that choosing another name for a girl isn't going to be hard. I have a name that I'm in love with, but my husband isn't committing to it yet. He should know by now, it's futile to resist. HA!
The girls and I did some shopping yesterday for Baby E. I bought 2 outfits, a blanket and socks from Gymbo's owl line. Then we celebrated with ice cream at Maggie Moo's. We got caught in the rain as we were leaving; the girls enjoyed skipping around in it. I think we celebrated her in style yesterday.
Welcome to our crazy family Baby Girl! We can't wait to meet you!

It's a Girl

No comments:
Post a Comment