More accurately, I'm 21w3d. I turned 21 weeks on Sunday.
We ended week 20 welcoming my nephew into the family... 3 weeks early! We were so blessed that, unlike 2 of his older brothers, he did NOT have to be in the NICU. Harrison was born weighing in at 8 pounds, 15 ounces, 20.5 inches. My sister grows big babies! ;)
Seeing & holding that sweet baby made me so incredibly anxious. I'm usually the one having the baby first and then my sister. It's hard not wanting Eliza to be here right now! Then when I think about all of the things I want to complete before she arrives, I'm kind of glad I have more time. My poor sister has been so stressed because nothing was ready for his arrival; no diapers, no bottles, nothing! I have 3 more walls to put a second coat on in his room, the fabric for his bedding hasn't even been ordered, and his crib still isn't assembled. I'm relieved that we didn't put his baby shower off another week or we would have been hosting it in her hospital room. HA!
We have started week 21 with the girls being sick. Yucky coughs and fevers for all 3 of them. Ella and Evie missed school on Monday. They still have a cough, but have been fever-free since. Poor Emory has missed preschool all week! Since she's still running a fever, coughing, and napping off/on, it's safe to say she'll be missing tomorrow as well. I'm kind of glad that the girls don't have school on Friday or Monday; maybe they'll all be well by Tuesday.
At least Eliza is doing great. I am feeling her move numerous times a day now. Much to her sisters dismay, it's not strong enough for them to feel her yet. I still have about 2 weeks before I go back to the doctor, so being able to feel her is very reassuring.
I am feeling awesome! I still have enough energy that I'm getting things accomplished (most days). I've got to make decisions on fabric so I can get started on her crib bedding. I have a long list of sewing projects that I want to get done for Eliza and Harrison. I love sewing for babies!
No comments:
Post a Comment