Wednesday, February 22, 2012

22 weeks

Over the past 2 weeks, the sickies have continued to spread throughout the family. We all seem to have had different versions of a pretty intense cold. I am so ready for everyone to start feeling better!!!!
After running a fever just about all last week, I took Em to the doctor on Thursday. She had a raging double ear infection. She tested negative for the flu and strep though. Her cough is still lingering, but she is doing so much better.
Evie woke up Saturday morning crying. When I went in to see what was wrong, she told me her ears were hurting. I gave her some motrin and she went back to sleep. Throughout the day, I kept asking how she was feeling, and she said they felt fine. Sunday, she said that her ears were stuffy and she couldn't hear, but no pain. Then Monday afternoon, the pain hit her again. Our pediatrician wasn't scheduled to come in Tuesday so we were going to see another doctor in the practice. I got a call back that she was coming in and they moved her appointment a little later. It turns out that our wonderful doctor came in just to see us and one other patient. Evie also had a double ear infection; her right ear was severely infected and her left one was flaring up. While we there, she also checked Ella's ears and hers were clear!
I have caught the horrible cough and I have a little congestion. The worst part about the cough is its intensity. I feel like I'm pulling stomach muscles and I fear poor Eliza's going to be born with Shaken baby syndrome. As long as it doesn't develop into pneumonia, we'll be good. It's been almost 6 years, to the day, that I had it last time; I was 37-38 weeks pregnant with Evie at the time.

Pregnancy wise, Eliza and I are doing great. I'm feeling her move all of the time now.
Still having infrequent bouts of heartburn and I usually have to get up at least once to go to the bathroom. I'm surprisingly feeling rested though. This week, I've noticed my pelvis is a little achy when I first get up in the morning. I am definitely looking, and feeling, bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment