Wednesday, May 2, 2012

32 weeks

32 weeks, 8 more to go
Whoa! I am looking & feeling super huge this week. I'm not sure how much more my tummy can grow in 8 weeks. I'm kind of afraid to find out. HA!

I had a doctor's appointment last week. My husband went with me which was a nice treat; I don't think he's been able to come to any of my other appointments.

Weight: -1 lb.
BP: good
Fundal: I don't think I have any fundal measurements for this pregnancy :/
Baby's HB: 140 bpm

The nurse commented on how big my stomach was and joked that maybe there were 2 in there. Now wouldn't that be quite a surprise on delivery day?!? I go back next week.

For the most part, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm definitely feeling more out of breath when I sit and my pelvis gets pretty achey. I haven't had a ton of heartburn and nighttime bathroom trips are few and far between (my mom has always accused me of having an iron bladder, HA!). Thanks to my 5 pillow cocoon, I'm still sleeping pretty well. I've had a decent amount of Braxton hicks contractions with this pregnancy.

I still don't have anything completely prepared for Eliza's arrival. I can't even begin to describe the anxiety that causes me. I've decided on outfits for pictures, her coming home outfit, etc. Now I just need to work on finding the fabrics I want and getting them made.
I've pretty much decided that I won't be doing crib bedding, which makes me sad. My desire to sew decreases almost daily and I know that's only going to worsen. If that does change though, I think I've changed my mind about colors... AGAIN! The fabric that I wanted to use is probably going to cost me a small fortune, so I'll probably "settle" with buying something I can find locally and use coupons on.

And as if I'm not having enough problems making decisions, I've thrown van/SUV shopping into the mix. That is proving to be really hard. I have a small budget to work with which really makes for slim pickings. I failed miserably with my last van purchase since it's been parked more often than not and has required A LOT of mechanical work in the 7 months I was able to drive it. It's been useless since December. :/ Getting in and out of my parent's compact cars has become increasingly difficult, so finding something higher off the ground can't come soon enough. HA! It's also something that I want to have done before Eliza's arrival.

I am getting so impatient about meeting this baby! Even Emory is starting to question me about when she's coming. The waiting is getting harder, especially for the girls. I think that's going to be even more of an issue once school gets out. Emory only has about 2 weeks left of preschool; Ella & Evie have about 3. I've been pinning things like crazy to try and stave off the Summer boredom. That's going to be more complicated after Eliza comes, I'm afraid.
If I'm being totally honest though, I am really starting to worry about adjusting to a newborn again. I'm out of practice with scheduling nursing and nap schedules around school drop offs/pick-ups. Also having to pack a diaper bag and lugging around a sling/stroller/car seat, well baby check-ups, wacky sleep patterns... all while trying to juggle 3 older children. This will be my biggest spacing between children and I think it's going to be the hardest. Ella and Evie are about 20 months apart; Evie and Emory are about 2 1/2 years; Emory and Eliza will be almost 4 years apart. We've been out of diapers for a year and Emory has slept through the night since she was about 6 months old. It's going to be quite a change!
Between my nephew and a good friend's baby, I'm scared to death of having a non-sleeping, colic-y baby! I have been so blessed with my girls. They've all been great nursers, they liked to sleep and they were even-tempered infants. I'm afraid of being thrown a curve ball with this one. Even though my sister keeps pointing out that all of her boys were non-sleepers and difficult newborns. Here's hoping I'm 4 for 4!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment