Thursday, May 17, 2012

34 weeks

34w, 4d

This week has been pretty uneventful. Eliza's just hanging out, moving a ton, & having lots of hiccups. She's sitting pretty high and I've had a few nights where it feels like my dinner is sitting in my chest cavity.
I've been having a lot of Braxton hicks contractions and they have started getting rather uncomfortable. I had a couple of sharp pains last night. I'm having a strong urge to start packing my bag for the hospital. That's one thing that I can get done right now and one less thing I'll have to do later.
I totally jinxed myself and I've started getting up at least twice a night to use the bathroom. One night, I was up at least 4 or 5 times. I started out the week with so much motivation. I put a big dent in my non-baby related sewing and felt so accomplished marking it off my list. Then I started to lose steam and I've spent the remainder of the week napping the day away. Em and I had a super lazy day yesterday and I still fell asleep watching tv last night. Of course, then I woke up and couldn't fall back asleep until 5am. My alarm is lucky I didn't throw it across the room this morning.
I find myself fluctuating between extreme anxiety and disbelief that we'll be meeting her so soon. Some days it's hard for me to believe that I'm having another baby. I'm really starting to worry about how the girls are going to tolerate her arrival. All 3 of my girls have been so weepy and defiant lately and I can't help but think it's related to the upcoming change. I think it's going to be the hardest on Emory; she has started sleeping in my bed again, switching from super affectionate to downright angry in seconds, and just not wanting to listen. I know some of that is just being 3 though.
My in-laws have already started making arrangements to come down and help with the girls. I'm hoping that will help some. Ella is already starting to worry about being away from me while I'm in the hospital. She has already warned me that she's probably going to cry when she has to leave. :(

I go back to the doctor next week and then I'll start going weekly. Ready or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment