Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Catch-up

Ugh! I can't seem to make time to update here regularly. I do much better with Tweeting & Facebooking.

Eliza had her first visit with our pediatrician on Friday, June 22nd. She weighed 7lbs, 6oz at discharge and was up to 7lbs, 8oz at her appointment. Dr. C was pretty happy with that. Her belly button was smelling really bad and was still kind of oozy so she wanted us to come back the following Wednesday. We had instructions to really swab it with alcohol and she gave me a script for an antibiotic cream to put on it.
She turned a week old on Monday and also lost her umbilical stump. She got to have her first "real" bath that night. She was just like Ella; she loved having her hair washed and only cried when bath time was over. She didn't like being cold.
At her second appointment, she was up 1/2 an ounce over her birth weight at 8lbs, 1.5oz. And Dr. C was very happy with her weight and her belly button.

At the end of week 1, I had a friend from church do some newborn/sibling pictures. She got some great shots! My new blog header is one of the many sweet pictures she took. The afghan and owl hat were both made by Nana (my mom).

Her first holiday, the 4th of July, was pretty uneventful. I took the girls to see a local fireworks display and she slept through it. We headed to Sonic afterwards for 1/2 price milkshakes. I only had enough fabric to make Elz a patriotic outfit; I can't tell you how badly it bugged me that the girls didn't match/coordinate. HA!

Eliza hit a growth spurt around the middle of week 2. If her eyes were open and I was in her radar, she wanted to nurse.

Elz turned 3 weeks old on Monday. We had another appointment with our ped. this afternoon.
Nurse Aqua just ooh'd and aah'd over her before she did her stats:
Weight: 9lbs., 5oz.
Length: 21 in.
Head circumference: 37.5

So, she's growing great. She was nursing when Dr. C came in to do her exam. One of the many reasons why I LOVE our ped., she came in and told me to keep nursing her. She sat down and talked while Eliza finished. She looked her over and declared her perfect. YAY!
She also had to have her repeat PKU test done today. She was nursing again when the tech came in to do her heel stick. She told me that I could keep nursing her if I wanted to, which I thought was awesome. Eliza barely even flinched when she stuck her and it made the whole process go so smoothly. No upset, inconsolable baby!
We're done with appointments until her 2 month vaccinations next month.

My big girls are doing well. They're adjusting to Eliza rather well. They all like to love & kiss on her; we have lots of spats about who gets to hold her.
Em's potty issues have gotten better. We've really been trying to play up that she's a big girl and lots of praise when she has a day without an accident. I think it's finally starting to work. We're on day 3 of staying dry!
I don't know if I've mentioned that Em has been referred to a pediatric orthopedist. She is extremely flat footed and her ankles kind of roll inward when she walks. I had discussed it with Dr. C at her 3 year appointment and she wanted us to have it checked out. So that appointment is coming up at the end of this month. I'd be lying if I said it didn't worry me some. I had to have leg braces when I was a baby to correct an issue with my feet; I'm terrified that this will be something that should have been corrected earlier. Hopefully it will be something that can be easily corrected or nothing at all.
I'm also hoping to get some other maintenance appointments out of the way before school starts; namely the dentist. Ella has also mentioned that she's having some trouble seeing far away. I can't tell if she's messing around or not. When we went last year, the eye doctor said her eyesight was fine. It's something that I guess we should have checked, just in case. I had to have glasses around her age.
And speaking of Ella, my big girls birthday is coming up on Sunday. I can't believe she's going to be 8!

Well duty calls... or should I say Nursing Monster calls! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment